Note: I doubled the recipe here, but the photos are from my smaller experimental batch.
- 10 tart apples (I used Fuji)
- 2 sweet apple (I used Ambrosia)
- 2-4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup apple juice or water
- Flavor it however you like by adding any of the following ingredients: ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg, one teaspoon citrus zest and/or ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Thinly slice the apples and then cut the slices in half
- Dump all of the ingredients in a slow cooker and
set on high for three hours. Note: If you choose to add vanilla extract, add it once the applesauce is done cooking.