This is my favorite frosting. I have always had a love for the
scent and flavor of lavender whether its in a sachet, soda, scone, anything! You gotta try it! And don't worry it does not taste like soap.
|Excuse the sewing machine in the background :)|
I have not measured out how much frosting this recipe makes but there will be enough to frost a dozen cupcakes.
You will need...
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon lavender buds
- 2 ½ cups powder sugar
- 1 ½ cups (two and a half sticks) softened unsalted butter
Now that you have gathered everything...
- Microwave for about a minute and a half until hot (or scald the milk on the stove). Sprinkle in the lavender and steep for 7-10 minutes until the milk is very fragrant.
- Meanwhile, cream the butter and the powder sugar on low gradually raising the speed to medium until smooth. If the butter is not really soft it will initially break up into pellets; don’t worry it will warm to reach the right consistency.
- Stain the milk and discard the lavender.
- Pour in the scented milk and beat until blended. Lastly I added 3 drops of red and 3 drops of blue food coloring to give it a lavender hue.
I used the frosting on Oprah's honey cupcakes .